Monday, June 13, 2011

Psalm - 3D

I'm reading in Psalms today, and boy oh boy, I just love the Psalms! Don't you?

Psalm 27:1 ~ The Lord is my light and my slavation; Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the defense of my life; Whom sall I dread?

There's some power right there - amen?!

I love that I can read these words written by David (Of course inspired by the Lord as all of the Bible is God breathed.) thousands of years ago and it resonates with me even though I myself am not being hunted down by the king who is at times posessed by an evil spirit that is placed on him by God.  Even though I do not have a situation that mirrors this in any way, so much of what David expresses could be an original prayer coming from my own lips.

Verses 7 & 8 fit so perfectly as I ask the Lord to give me wisdom and discernment in an area of my life where I need help and need to wait on His timing and leading.

Verse 11 is something we could each claim every day!

Verse 14 I claim as I pray for a difficult situation that someone I love is going through.

What a beautiful example of how to pray!  Think of what David is experiencing at the time of this Psalm (see above).  It's a wonderful reminder that when we go to the Lord we need to offer a 3 dimensional prayer; as opposed to a one dimensional - 'gimme gimme'.  Offering words of Devotion and thanksgiving to our Heavenly Father.  Declaring our short-comings and sin.  Denoting our needs and the desires of our heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment