Sunday, November 9, 2014

Day 9

Day 9 -
I am thankful for the message the ladies shared at the Women Of Faith conference this weekend. This was either the 3rd or 4th WOF conference I've attended, and although I've enjoyed each one, I really felt like the messages this weekend hit me very personally. The theme was 'Survival to Revival'.

I've felt God calling me to women's ministry for about 18 years now, ever since I attended my first ladies retreat with the ladies I went to church with back then.  Since that time I have been taking baby steps. Sometimes we are called to proceed slowly. God is still teaching me and bringing new experiences to prepare me. But although I have moved ahead, I've dragged my feet at times too.

I'm continually filled with doubt.  I look in the mirror and see what my past and what other say I am. I see the girl who was painfully shy, the child who was afraid at home, who was told by a teacher she was stupid, someone who isn't the 'cool kid' or popular girl, who was bullied, who was dumped at prom, who has failures and shame, who has been judged, who has been told by Christians what my limits are, heartbreaks and losses, etc... But the truth is, who I really am, is a daughter of the King!  I have told myself and others that that I am free of the past yet as I sat there in the big event center with 6,000 sisters-in-Christ, I realized, I was still letting my past restrict me.  I was letting my past hold me back from accepting the future God has for me.

I need to let all the rest go. REALLY let it go!  It's time to stop worrying about what others think of me and focus on the victory I have in Christ!

Dear Lord, thank you for not giving up on me.  Thank you putting a calling on my life. I will stop living in fear and focusing on myself and my insecurities and I will focus on what You have done and will do. I will minister to women, and be the speaker You're calling me to be. I will obey You. When fear and doubt try to creep in, I will look to You, knowing that I can do all things through, my strength, my all in all.
 Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment